17 January 2008

Tell that FOX why I'm electable

I found this deleted portion of the Fox News debates on Pat Buchanan's blog, THANKFULLY! I watched the re-cast of their debates in which they kept saying Fred Thompson won hands down. They replayed where Huckabee expected U.S. aircraft carriers to answer Iranian motor boat threats (who have threatened our big warship in their waters!) with the gates of hell. They also replayed where Thompson had to "one-up" the insanity by saying sarcastically that we would be glad to introduce "them" to those virgins they're so eager to meet. Good grief. I was really feeling depressed that Fox viewers put up with such malevolence.

And then, when Ron Paul addressed the rush to kill expressed by Huckabee and Thompson, Brit Hume acted like Ron Paul was an idiot. He said something like, "Um, all of the other candidates said they would leave the decision to the captain of the warship. Why didn't you answer the question?" I was so frustrated! What insanity! That people listen to the hubris of FOX News! (No offense to you.)

I now rejoice to find the highlight of the night's debate, which Fox news(?) deleted from the program when it was recast. If we were living in the first century, I think Fox News would have beheaded Ron Paul instead of merely cutting off his defense for his character. Watch this:


This reminds me of what another unelectable candidate said to intimidation? (See in the Gospel of Luke, ch. 13)

At that time some Pharisees told Jesus, “Get out of here, and go somewhere else! Herod wants to kill you.”

Jesus said to them, “Tell that FOX that I will force demons out of people and heal people today and tomorrow. I will finish my work on the third day. But I must be on my way today, tomorrow, and the next day. It’s not possible for a prophet to die outside Washington."

No comments: