28 January 2008

Resonating with Christ's Campaign

Hello my wise friends and family,

There's just something about the campaign that excites me.

The character of "Ron Paul's campaign" resonates so much more with Christian boldness, enthusiasm, and humility than the back-biting and power-mongering of virtually all the other politicians. I know that America is a kingdom of this world just like any other worldly kingdom--as do you. Our government lords it over us just like all the others. I know that none of us can be trusted to govern just as Christ would. But the way of Ron Paul's campaign just seems so much more like something that Jesus would smile at. Perhaps I'm a fool.

I know Ron's not the second coming at all, but I enjoy knowing his truthful message is getting out there much like John the Baptist's message made its way to King Herod (and got him beheaded). I'm glad to see a threatening message enter the powers of our own corrupt government.

I know the idea of anyone without perfect knowledge and motives becoming President doesn't compare to the day when Jesus returns and hands over to God the true kingdom--that will truly be an election Day! But until then, it seems like it would be more honorable to think a good person with a message full of truth and meaning could become President than than to think one of the dodgy candidates that promote themselves more than the truth could take the next seat of power.

Here is a quote from 1 Cor 15 that promotes the eternal message that is far superior to any great government's message whether it be Babylon, Rome, or America:

"Then the end will come. Christ will hand over the kingdom to God the Father as he destroys every ruler, authority, and power. Christ must rule until God has put every enemy under his control. The last enemy he will destroy is death. [ . . . ] Then God will be in control of everything."

God is not yet in control of everything (e.g., the White House and sometimes my own house), but I rejoice as he rebukes and mocks the rulers and powers of this dark world using humble people who speak the truth.

By the peace that truly brings freedom,
Jason

No comments: