09 January 2008

Exciting Day


I had quite an exciting day.

We were pouring concrete for a community college in Mississippi between their building's back doors and a pond/lake filled with water fowl. During break time, Sammy, one of my Mexican coworkers, fed a goose from his own mouth!

I burned the fingerprint off my right index finger while checking to see if my cigarette lighter was working/hot. It apparently was. Still we couldn't get my coworker's tire pumped up using a portable pump plugged into my cigarette lighter, which now smells like burnt flesh. Don't worry, it didn't hurt.

I got to drive the mini-excavator! thru MUD! To see one of these amazing machines in action (and with appropriate music), go to this web address: http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/choosing.

Also, today, I had a great time teaching/facilitating the teen class at church again. We finished reading Jesus' sermon on the Plain from Luke 6. Jesus, who we recognize as God's anointed king of his kingdom, delivers something like a campaign/inaugural address speech. It's probably one of the most life-changing speeches ever IF! one builds his life on the words, not just talks about them.

No comments: