21 June 2007

Trillion Dollar Health Scandal

Drug Plan Fiasco vs. God

After you read my comments, click on the title above ("Trillion Dollar Health Scandal") to read a brief summary and/or watch a 15-minute excerpt from 60 Minutes. I take the news piece as yet another sign that God will expose the powers of this dark world for what they are. I rest confident knowing that all creation looks forward not only to this exposing of drug lords, but also to the revelation of the children of God. I get a little excited when I see the foreshadowing of rulers and authorities getting their just desserts. What do you think? Anyway, that's why I liked watching the news piece via Dr. Mercola. By the way this is a portion of a quote from the 60 Minutes presentation: " . . . it has been one example of the incestuous relationship between Congress and the [Pharmaceutical] Industry . . ."

What is the point of sharing this information?

1. It's true. Truth is a valuable commodity for life.
2. Knowing about these kinds of evils in high places may encourage us to turn to God and trust the wisdom that comes from him.
3. Many people are enslaved by prescription and non-prescription drugs; at least they might be encouraged when they see the illegitimacy of their cruel master.
4. Accept your health and fitness as a gift from God and, ultimately, your responsibility--not your doctors or your drugs. Eat fresh! Exercise! Go, and trust pharmaceutical products no more!

Please note: Getting off addictions is tricky. Some people will die if they suddenly stop taking medications that they've been taking for years. Consider carefully how you can get off drugs and if it is possible for you. It's certainly easier to avoid drugs than to stop taking them. I don't know how people can stop, but there are lots of doctors (believe it or not) who know how. For example, my second cousin's grandson was having seizures from birth to about age five. The parents found "the right doctor" finally, who slowly removed the drugs and put the child on a strict, but fun, diet. The child hasn't had a seizure since and his brain has recovered remarkably. That is testimony to the power of God and goodness of the creation that he made!

One day I may take some kind of pharm product. I might be in desperation for comfort without the patience to endure. I may want to live longer (even if in slavery) so I'll take something to keep me hanging on. Still, I will hope in God's new creation that beats the hell out of the effects (and side effects) of drugs. And I will laugh when the rulers of this dark world fall.

No comments: