16 January 2007

I'm Popeye

Need more folate? It is amazing how much better I feel whenever I eat folate-rich foods on a regular basis, especially daily. Thankfully, organic spinach was on sale the other day so I bought three big bunches of it. It's great! I've had it in enchiladas. I've steamed it with carrots. There are other great sources for folate, though. I read here that liver, asparagus, spinach, okra, and beans are also high in folate. Does anyone know if kale is high in folate? It's good steamed with carrots, too, but it smells like a fart while cooking.

3 comments:

Noel Green said...

Hey Big JW, yep... Kale is a good source of folate too. So steam it up!

Nicole Whaley said...

Babe...where is your dignity??? :)

Holly and David said...

Hey Jason, You made spinach enchiladas?! Dude, I was wanting a recipe for that! Do tell.
hawli