16 October 2006

Jamaica Story

We had lots of pictures taken with the beautiful water and sunsets. The best part of my time in Jamaica was walking along the beach with my wife for hours at a time.
We snorkeled twice; this was the second time, when we swam through a couple of caves. Nicole and I were the only ones daring enough to hold our breaths and swim under rock to come up into an air pocket. It was actually quite easy, but no one else in our group was interested. Nic saw a medium-size stingray, but it had buried itself by the time she got my attention. We never did find Nemo. I think he must have found his way to Sydney.
Lots of geckos. It was awesome. On the last morning I was watching from above a large brown gecko, which had a dinosaur-like fin along its head, back, and tail. It left the scene temporarily and two smaller geckos, one brown with a white stripe down its back, and a second sand-colored one, scurried across the large leaves near the top of a large tropical plant. Suddenly the large gecko flew from out of nowhere and when I finally realized what had happened--the sandy lizards neck was in the mouth of the dinosaur-looking one! That was cool! I would have gotten this on video if the stupid phone hadn't been ringing in the middle of all this because we we're supposed to check out of our room.
A cliff diver standing with Nic. Are we stupid for paying him two dollars to jump off this tree like 90 feet above the water? After he jumped I decided I wanted to jump off the little chicken dive. I'm not sure how high I was, but I hit well except for the fact that I forgot to hold my nose.

2 comments:

Noel Green said...

Man... that is so cool Nicole got to meet Buckwheat!

Glad you had a good time! :)

Justin P. Lewis said...

Your wife has such a cool job. One day when we have a house my wife's job may have some personal perks.