03 December 2007

Ron Paul and Parkour

I'm sorry I haven't really been updating my blog. I'm constantly thinking of things I would like to post for encouragement, but we're pretty busy and sometimes I don't feel like I can put my thoughts down very concisely. So here are a couple of points I'll just put up for people to see . . .

First, I'm still happy with Ron Paul and his character and ideas. I don't know if America really wants him for President, but I do. I'm planning to send him some money to help spread his message. I remember hearing him say one time (and I've watched lots of his speeches and read his writings online over the past several months): "Americans are losing faith that the government can solve all their problems," and "I think people would like a government that has a good message."


Second, I'm considering a new sport/activity with my friend and former mission teammate, Jon Grizzle. He introduced me via the Web to "Parkour". Watching videos is probably the best description, but I would describe it something like this:

Rule #1: Don't hurt yourself: know what you can do.
Rule #2: Travel from point A to point B as though your life depended on it.
Rule #3: Learn to overcome obstacles through courage and discipline.
Rule #4: Let Parkour instruct your life.

Here are a couple of my favorite videos, a website, and of course the Wikipedia link:


Also, look at these two websites if you want to learn about Parkour: http://www.americanparkour.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour.

3 comments:

Corey said...

If you like those videos, you should watch the Russian Climber video on you tube.

Jason said...

Hmmm. This is your wife here. We need to talk about this! Where does the 'don't hurt yourself' come into play? Seriously babe....
I love you! -- Nnn

Justin P. Lewis said...

Ron Paul is too old to be President. He is 72 years old. He was born on the best day of the year though, August 20th.