08 March 2007

Not Insulin, but Exercise

If you or someone you love has Type 2 Diabetes, do not expect insulin to help them. In fact, expect it to ruin them. Song kept telling me that insulin was making things worse. I realize he was right. Yet his doctor(s) kept adjusting his insulin dosage even though he was Type 2. I wish things could have been different for him. I believe that they could've. Click on the title and watch the video.

On the other hand, if you have Type 1 Diabetes, realize that it is a completely different "animal". Don't stop taking insulin. Make sure to be monitored by a trustworthy endocrinologist.

God has the power to heal us, yet we often have the custom of blocking God's healing power.

3 comments:

Agent B said...

"we often have the custom of blocking God's healing power"

Man, that's the truth.

Somewhere I read a quote by Mother Teresa basically saying that most in the westernized world don't need miracles. If you need food, you go to the store and buy it. If you need healing, you go to a doctor. Or something like that.

Justin P. Lewis said...

You seem to be really passionate about this. I am curious if you have had an experience of allowing God's healing power rather than taking medicine that gives you this thought process.

Jason said...

B,

Thanks. I always love to hear what MT said. I forget that food and healing come from God's hand.

Justin,
Passionate? Yes. Angry? No. I appreciate your curiosity and hope I have not offended anyone. I was trying to avoid a lengthy post, but perhaps the conciseness left a cold feeling. Also, I may not agree with everything Dr. Mercola says in the video, but I have been thinking toward a lot of those conclusions for many years. Please don't mistake me for Tom Cruise or some scientologist. :-) You probably didn't. I'm just saying.

My aim is to point people to the hope that is in God and help them find it, not to give people guilt for taking meds.

I certainly think there is a time to take drugs. Foods themselves, after all, are chemicals. I hope no one gives up on food. I am just anxious to rid myself of the mindset that fixing discomforts or numbing pain is equivalent to healing. I am probably too obsessed about it.

I have had some, I think, noteworthy experiences and I have certainly seen and heard of other people's. I guess that I am lucky/fortunate not to have type 1 diabetes or some other disease that requires drugs and close supervision and constant modification.

I am in a healing process. I pray that God gets the glory and honour. My health story is long and everything is related, both seen and unseen things, material and immaterial. I will have to write a series of posts on it. I might tell you a couple of things in person though.