15 November 2006

Fellowship, evangelism

We had some interesting conversations that night over dinner. We talked chopsticks, God, and worship, if I can remember right. We took a train from Circular Quay (pronounced 'key') to meet our friends there. Binh had organized dinner for us (Nicole and I and the Griffiths) near Cabramatta in Sydney, Australia in July 2005. This is a picture from after dinner in the Vietnamese restaurant. In the picture is, from left to right: Nicole (my beautiful bride of almost five years), Binh (a Christian friend from when I lived in Sydney, '98-'02. she used to have young adults into her apartment every Sunday for informal fellowship, bible study, and conversation). Next to Binh is her boyfriend at the time (an atheist), and his roommate at the time (a Muslim). Next to them is Andrew, a Christian friend of ours who continues to teach scripture and involve himself in the life of the church in Campbelltown. Then, I'm the goofy looking guy next to Andrew. Binh said to me that night: "Jason, you dress well now that you're married." Ha!

Here's a question: When does a fellowship meal become communion? Can you just add a little sermon about God, a loaf, and a cup? Or is there more to it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see Andrew again!
I'm so thankful he is a faithful Christian!!!

grace said...

Thinking about Jesus, the disciples, the setting of the first communion....I think it's more simple than complicated. It's got to have more to do with where your hearts are than anything else, don't you think? Just some thoughts on a great question.

Jason said...

Noel,

Yes. I think Andrew's going well.

Grace,

Thanks for your comment about simplicity in communion.

jason